What could we post up for next week?
Is there something we can look out for or think about during the coming week before next week? Can we take a photograph of it? Basic categories could be:
- Showcase – of work created by someone or an achievement of some kind
- Interview – of someone about what they do or their role in something interesting or their views on something of interest
- Review – of a book, tv show, film, music, event, talk, park, gallery, walk, … etc.
- Report – on a recent event, activity, talk, meeting, etc of interest
How to use an automatic camera; key points:
- avoid using the flash if at all possible as it usually looks terrible
- cameras LOVE light so try not to take a pic in the dark
- move yourself and the camera around to get the best angle – side-to-side or up-and-down
- make sure nothing is against a window etc – keep the picture without any areas that are too bright or dark compared to other parts of the picture
- keep the camera close to the subject so that the subject fills the picture
- don’t have the resolution too high in the settings – the internet does not need big pictures – they just slow it down
- hold the camera steady when you take the picture
- look out for the person’s expression and activity (and if the eyes are blinking) – take a few shots that are each a bit different (including some that are natural and not posed) so you can choose the best one afterwards